Tuesday 22 August 2017

Table Air Combat: Air Strike










As expected, the Soviet I-16's took a pasting from the Stukas in the Air Strike scenario this morning, largely due to their poor firepower and being outnumbered two to one. A taran ramming attack was a last resort but failed to bring down the Stuka it was aimed at, whilst exposing the I-16 to the tail gunner's arc of fire with inevitable results.


In the end, the Stukas wiped out the radio station target for the loss of one plane, while the I-16's lost three aircraft in return. A pretty poor result for the VVS and a decisive victory for the Luftwaffe. If I replay this again, I'll double the number of I-16's or halve the number of Stukas to even things up, as in many respects the two aircraft are evenly matched.

No comments:

Post a Comment