Tuesday 30 May 2017

Sails and Powder


I spotted this print and play Napoleonic naval game on Wargame Vault this afternoon and thought it was worth a closer look. It's a simple set of rules for the Battle of Trafalgar and includes print and cut out counters for the three fleets, together with a free printable sea mat.

I downloaded the core rules and an expansion for the Battle of Cape Ortegal, which was a follow on engagement after the Battle of Trafalgar itself. I'm on holiday at the moment, so don't have access to a printer, but will print out the components and try out the rules when I get home in a few days time.

I think this looks like a really neat little beer and pretzels level game, so I'm looking forward to giving it a play test as soon as I can find the time. When I was a kid, I played the old TTG Micro Fleet Napoleonic Naval counter game to death, so if this is in the same vein I'll be very happy. 

Not bad for $8.00 or just over £6.00 in proper money.

No comments:

Post a Comment